Final Piece

This is the completed clip!


Visual Storytelling Editing and Sound Editing

Today is the day we edited the shot footages while I am in charge of the sound foley editing.

I managed to get the Sound Design lab from a lecturer to start using the Pro Tools to cut and choose the best recorded sound on the day of the filming that we can use for the film. With the help of Frank, I manage to do them all and even downloaded some foley from a website with Frank’s account.

The video editing side met a certain problem of different formats employed by the Avid, which is in conflict with the ones used by the Canon 6D. This makes us retranscoding everything again, a good lesson to learn when we begin to shoot next time is to check the settings.

Overall, sound for day 1 shot of the girl’s side is done, and now awaiting for tomorrow’s guy’s side editing.


Visual Story Telling Shooting Last Part

There was quite a bit of changes in the planning. Firstly, it’s due to the actor suddenly unable to come on the agreed time and we have no choice but to use one of our group members, Mat, who willingly acts out for his parts, which I think he did a great job at.

We met slightly later as the schedule changes at Aaron’s place before proceeding to find flowers and rings at Strokecroft. It was quite a long walk as we face challenges of finding a ring that suits Mat’s finger. And the day has become darker and we have to make do with ambience lights to shoot, as opposed to the planned afternoon time. If only the actor shows up, as he has everything.

Finally, we manage to shoot all of the scenes, and I am able to record most foley and ambience sounds, job well done, and now awaiting till tomorrow to edit them all out XD





Visual Storytelling Shooting Part 1

Today is the day we shot the first part of our short films in Petra’s house. I am in charge of the sound and also completed the day’s storyboard for easier shooting references from Petra’s art direction.

Manage to use the mic to take some foley and ambience sound from the house and actress and her actions. Used Tascam with a Rodeo Shotgun mic with deadcat attached. It was fun doing it and everyone was really into their roles and we did so much better than the first project we had!

And we also get to use more equipments like Aaron’s lights and special lenses for the beautiful shots.








Visual Storytelling Starting Out

Today my group has met with one of the lecturers, and we have sort of developed a main story about a guy who cheats on his wife. The main premise is done, and we have made it more stylised, favouring simplicity and subtlety.

Roles have been assigned, props and actors/actresses have been listed out, character profile is done.
We have made sure that we try a different role from the documentary one, so I have now chosen to be Sound Editor and Storyboard Artis.

This time on, I feel that we have made big improvement in group work, from making and choosing the best plot, to deciding what roles to take, everything feels smoother and done much quicker than the first time we did for the documentary.

And I have also done some storyboards based on Art Director’s description.

I expect that we will have a pretty high quality work coming up soon 🙂

Visual Storytelling Storyboard _1

Visual Storytelling Storyboard _2

Visual Storytelling Storyboard _3